- When setting up a styling appt. You must have one or the other at hand: wardrobe account that you are willing to fill w/ your own money or previous work (portfolio) to see if you are markable to receive borrowed items under contract.
With being a very new stylist, I must be able to establish relationships w/ companies, brands, stores, etc. That will be willing to lend clothing for events, photoshoots, shows, etc.
- The contract is drawn so that in case any damage is done to the garment, under your care, you are fully held responsible for the item or items.
- Your wardrobe account gives you more opportunity to take risk & receive what you desire.
- Be ready to provide images, style choice, & preference of style choice.
Scheduling is important. If it is our first appt and you are in need that week, it may be best to come w/ a wardrobe account, receive style advice or personal shopping assistance.
- If it is at a later date, we can try out our options, if, you have a working portfolio to present. Your portfolio & work history will be used to persuade brands, designers, stores, websites, etc into lending their garments out.
Remember: your wardrobe is always an option.